Tuesday, January 12, 2010

NBA Jam is coming back.

If you grew up in the 90's as an NBA fan and owned a Super Nintendo or Playstation or hung around the arcade often, then chances are you played Midway's classic NBA Jam. Or maybe you played NBA Hangtime on the Nintendo 64, like me. Either way, you were no doubt entertained by the high-flying dunks, 2-on-2 action, and the announcers yelling "He's on fire!!" But then the games just disappeared and seem to be almost forgotten except to those of us who have many childhood memories because of them. Forgotten until now, that is, because EA Sports has announced that it will be bringing the 2-on-2 action back. It will be coming out for the Nintendo Wii later this year, and I assume the Xbox 360 and PS3 will get their own versions as well. I've been geeking out about this for the past few days and wrote a rather lengthy post on my own blog in which I talked about the new release and reminisced about playing the original games in my childhood.

Am I the only one who's excited about this? Any ideas for who should be on the rosters?

NBA Jam homepage

Blog Archive