Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More Rumors: Larry Brown Has His Eye on Rasheed, and Kevin Martin Is Likely to Stay

Sam Amick reports that an Allen-Martin deal with Sacramento is unlikely:
Boston is legitimately interested in Martin, but that scenario doesn't look likely to go anywhere at the moment. A source close to the Celtics said they have not spoken to the Kings, but the two teams will likely talk soon. If the Kings were to accept a deal giving them Ray Allen and sending the Celtics Martin and Andres Nocioni, the deal could very well get done. I don't see Petrie doing that, however. That move would free up approximately $17 million off the Kings' cap this summer and free up Martin's money that runs through 2013 and Nocioni's through 2012. It doesn't bring back talent beyond this season, obviously, as Allen's contract is expiring.

Despite the Kings' hopes of landing an impact big man, don't expect Celtics GM Danny Ainge to give up center Kendrick Perkins (or point guard Rajon Rondo, for that matter, if I even needed to verbalize that part).
Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer has this to say about a possible Rasheed to Charlotte deal:

There's a report on espn.com that the Charlotte Bobcats and Boston Celtics are in trade talks involving Glen "Big Baby'' Davis. I'm told the two teams have talked, but I wouldn't be so certain Davis would be the guy the Bobcats covet.

The Celtics need another guard who can knock down shots, which brings D.J. Augustin (or possibly Flip Murray) to mind. Obviously, the Bobcats would love to get Rasheed Wallace, a longtime favorite of coach Larry Brown, who hasn't played particularly well of late in Boston.
Bonnell goes on to talk about the pros for Charlotte in that deal.

Those are two interesting reports. I'm slightly disappointed about the first one, though that's not to say that I fully trust any of these rumors going on, as I've taken the stance now where I have to take all of these reports with a grain of salt. However, I'm pretty psyched about the second one. For all I can care, Rasheed can leave. If he doesn't care to utilize what can help us best, I'm done with him.

Blog Archive